To join its international team in Amsterdam, Bitsafe is seeking to hire a
Bitsafe is the new name for Freenom and Verotel, two disruptive brands in the transactional online business space. Freenom is the world's second largest domain registration provider with over 35 million active internet domains registered. Verotel is a registered Electronic Money Institution processing millions of credit card transactions. Bitsafe brings these two brands together into a new service: a Bitsafe Basic Payment Account. Offering a “discreet account”, Bitsafe provides a Bitsafe IBAN, allowing account holders to take part of SEPA transactions and hold domain names and other digital assets. Purchases and ATM withdrawals can be made with the Bitsafe Debit Card.
We are currently seeking to hire a Head of Compliance and General Counsel who will ensure adherence to legal requirements, regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures, and to initiate industry best-practices.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain risks that are often complex and obscure to various stakeholders. This includes the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships and inform, guide and motivate process stakeholders to address risks with due care and attention to detail. In addition, this individual will have a strong understanding of compliance risks and mitigation controls. This role requires the ability to multi-task to keep multiple projects on track simultaneously, facilitate consensus among multiple teams to ensure work can progress in a timely manner and deliver projected business results.
Bitsafe is a high-risk payment service provider. Part of Bitsafe's high-risk business is providing payment solutions for online adult entertainment businesses. This means that you need to feel comfortable interacting with the people who run those websites. The regulatory framework around high-risk transaction processing has become very professional and Bitsafe is following and contributing to the rules and regulations set by the card and banking industry.
- Advise the board of directors and management on compliance procedures and changes;
- Excellent verbal & written skills: you can draft a contract in plain English and present complex legal issues clearly and succinctly;
- Act as the Compliance Officer for our Electronic Money Institution;
- Be the first point of contact for regulatory organizations and card schemes;
- Guard all contracts between the company and contractual parties;
- You are an ambitious person who aspires to bring the legal position within our company to the next level by creating awareness and train employees;
- You interpret the changing reality and strive to apply this to the business;
- Advise the board of directors and management on legal affairs like contracts, liabilities, etc;
- Responsible for the overall compliance and audit programs.
- Has a Master's degree in (Dutch) Law;
- Has at least 5 years of relevant experience in compliance, WWFT, SW and the WFT, preferable in financial services or a Fin-tech environment;
- Has a commercial mindset;
- Has the ability to have a helicopter view;
- Is a savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation;
- Is excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development;
- Is a problem solver: you never accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions;
- Is fluent in Dutch and English.
- An international, talented team in a fast moving environment that is scaling up;
- A very competitive salary / pension package;
- A modern, spacious office in the Houthavens with beautiful view on ‘het IJ’.
Are you a natural born shape shifter who enjoys jumping into multiple types of projects across the company?
Do you enjoy working within a dynamic, informal and entrepreneurial environment? Then jump onboard and apply today!
Please send us an email with your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com
We kindly ask recruitment agencies and headhunters to not come with an offer to find qualified candidates for our vacancies.